Can't get support on 2017 version of Magix Deluxe purchase

Barbara-Martin8537 wrote on 7/7/2020, 2:30 PM

Using Windows 10. I was unable to download program until recently, only to discover that it would go to about 75% & stop. I tried with actual CD & online method. I tried all the tips given on the web site - no success. Because tech support doesn't offer assistance after the 1st year of purchase, they recommended upgrading to the new version, but, I am afraid of investing yet more money into a program that I can’t use due to the download/copy issue.  It can’t be an internet/computer issue on my end because I successfully downloaded the online trial version as a test & it worked fine. I don't feel that this is a forum issue but I am no longer able to reach support without trying the forum first. This has become soooo frustrating that I am wondering if I even want to continue down this road with Magix. Suggestions?

Comments

browj2 wrote on 7/7/2020, 2:38 PM

Hi,

If you have the trial version, do not try to install the non-trial version unless you totally uninstall it. I mean uninstall, not delete - never delete programs. If you have an activation code, you can enter in the trial version and it will become a full version. You have to be registered with Magix. Once done, you can download and install the balance of the features by going under Help, Download extra content (or something like that).

So, what is the status - trial version still installed?

As well, I don't know what you mean by "copy." You cannot install a program by copying it.

If you don't have the trial version still installed, make sure to adjust any firewall settings that may be blocking a download (put them back later).

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 7/7/2020, 2:40 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos