"Can't find file" that exists

rmickey wrote on 3/31/2013, 12:05 PM

I got a new computer and moved all my files.  The problem is that the path names are different now.  When I try to open a project, it says the file doesn't exists( wrong path name) and to select the new folder if it has changed.  I put in the new location (the file exists and is there) but the program just gives me the came response and doesn't load the file.

Comments

wiebatman wrote on 12/27/2013, 11:18 AM

I got a new computer and moved all my files.  The problem is that the path names are different now.  When I try to open a project, it says the file doesn't exists( wrong path name) and to select the new folder if it has changed.  I put in the new location (the file exists and is there) but the program just gives me the came response and doesn't load the file.

I have the same problem!

I use "Video Magix 16 Premium".

When you point to the directory, the files are visible but clicking on Open gives no result. I have tried all posbilities here and I can't get it right. For me it's only the Audio files the program can not include, the other footage is loading but without Audio files. The audio files are in a subdir (AudioTemp) of the other footage dir. After new PC everything is the same accept the station letter, but when I turn the letter into the previous off my old PC the problem stays.

That's bad because someone can not have access to old projects they are simply useless, when upgrading to a new PC.