Can't download movie to Zune from computer DVD player

trav1976 wrote on 7/24/2009, 5:05 PM
I'm trying to download a DVD using my computer Dvd player. I'm using the Movies 2 go II software. The movie transfers to the Media Pool and I click on the folder and it expands into seventeen sub-folders. Two of them say VTS 02, Two VTS o2,Two VTS 03, two VTS 04, and nine VTS 05. I click on all seventeen and then click the Go or start button. I receive an error message stating: Please select a playback option in the export settings. I'm trying to download this movies onto a Microsoft Zune which I have selected.
The export settings are:
Prests- user defined
Record to Device- Do not begin playback
Other- Only export range between start and end markers

Got any ideas?

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 7/25/2009, 1:34 AM
It is probable that the DVD is copy-right protected.  If you are trying to move a purchased DVD movie onto your Zune, it's not going to work.  You can test this by simply attempting to copy the DVD to your computer using regular old Windows Explorer.  Open your DVD in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer, but Windows Explorer) and click-n-drag the main folder to your C: drive.  You will likely get an error stating the file cannot be copied, or some such thing.

I tried pulling a DVD into Movie Edit Pro unsuccessfully a long time back and as I recall, it didn't give an intelligent error, it just failed.

The method I use is to use a TV Tuner card in my computer.  I've using a Hauppauge PVR-150 PCI card in my computer for years.  I can record from my TV Cable box, or a DVD Player, or a VCR all of which connect via a simple switch box.  Playing a DVD via a standard DVD player into your TV Tuner card by passes the copyright protection.

I started doing this in order to edit movies for my son when he was little.

Good luck,

Tim