Can't burn current version of my project

cassandra44 wrote on 1/24/2011, 4:33 PM

When I burn a DVD it makes a copy of an old file which has not been edited.  Do I have to save the project before I burn it.  What do I do after I have finished the project? What;s the next step before burning to DVD? Every one says how easy this software is to use but I have found it almost impossible and the help menu is no use at all.

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 1/25/2011, 9:45 AM

There could be more going on that is beyond the programs control; if the system it is installed on has other application that run from the background then it could be there is some communications error. I am not sure, I have heard this somewhere before, but I am not sure what program or what the cause/solution was. I am looking for that, but it might not have happened with MAGIX software...

I have PhotoStory on CD & DVD 9 Deluxe, and this is how I use it...

• Open the program and start a new project, I always use 16:9 as all my material is in a HD format and will be played back on widescreen.

• I then load in the pictures I have for the project (I actually pre-plan my projects in terms of what pictures I am going to use, so this way I have one folder with all the pictures/video to make life just that much simpler for creating a slideshow)

• I then use the overview mode to set the pictures in the order I want them to display, then I save.

• From here, go to the storyboard mode and I add in transitions from one picture/video to the next and I re-adjust the time each picture displays, then I save

• Now, I will add in text or any effects I want for each picture/video, then I save.

• Add in the audio or record narrations or greetings, and then I save.

Ok, at this point you can see I save the project several times, after I do something to the project. I do this because computers are not infallible and therefore, I go with caution.

• If I am done with the project, I go to burn. I select the template menu I want, edit any of the text there then I burn to disc; usually DVD or Blu-ray, depending on the project.

That is all I have to do to make this work. I am not getting any errors with the program, nor am I burning an older project when I have selected a new project. To me, it sounds as if there is a cache problem...

How often do you reboot your computer?