Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/21/2022, 4:54 AM

@Lynne-B

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I would like to be able to import song tracks into photostory deluxe 2022.

You can! In Timeline view simply drag the file onto an otherwise empty track and place its beginning at the point in your show where you want it to play. This assumes you already have each song as a .wav (or possibly .mp3) file. If you do not have such files you really need to create them first, which is a whole-different ball game!

HOWEVER, VERY LARGE CAVEAT! If your completed slideshow is intended for any sort of "public" viewing, i.e., it is not for wholly personal use (including by members of your immediate family), to use pre-existing music tracks in this way is almost certainly technically illegal! (Just to be clear, "public viewing" includes sites like YouTube or similar, unless you can make your production completely and solely "privately" viewable.) Otherwise, you can be deemed to be breaching the copyright regulations and so, in the worst case scenario, be subject to claims for damages by the copyright holders. In the case of music tracks there are often at least two copyright holders whose rights you are breaching; the actual song-writers and/or publishers and the record company who released the actual recording.

OTOH, if you are using songs that are in the "Public Domain" or are otherwise copyright-free or royalty-free there should not be a problem for you. Unfortunately, however, actual songs in the Public Domain can be included on a recording (e.g., a CD) whose recording copyright is owned by the recording company!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 5/21/2022, 1:51 PM

@Lynne-B

Hi

To add to @emmrecs comment:

. . . . songs that are in the "Public Domain" . . . .

A common misconception is that any song on the Internet is considered to be in th 'public domain' - this is false, unless specifically stated as Jeff has commented.

A good source of music the the Youtube Audio Library for content uploaded to Youtube and presumably other sites and personal use as I can find no restrictions on this.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.