Can 'Rescue your videotapes' file be imported into Movie edit pro mx premium?

chrisjw37 wrote on 11/7/2011, 11:33 AM

Can 'Rescue your videotapes'  (by Magix) files be imported into Movie edit pro mx premium?

Latest versions of course!

Scenario: I used 'Rescue your videotapes'  (by Magix) to rip an old VHS tape of my wedding to the PC, no problem its really easy and it will burn to a DVD compatible with a standard DVD player for a TV.

However the editing abilities of 'Rescue your videotapes' are awful, ie very crude indeed.

I'd like to pull the files into Movie edit pro mx premium and edit the files.

Can the MVY files be read by Movie edit pro mx premium?

There is a claim on the box that Magix files are compatible with other magix programs.

How true is this?

-------------------------

Before you ask, I output the file as an *.mpg from 'rescue you tapes'

and inserted it into Sony Vegas, added titles, edited the transitions, and sound; but when I burn the DVD, only the titles at the start get burnt, there's no content, despite letting me edit the file with no problems.

Just wondering if I buy MEP MX and get the same nonsense.

Answers appreciated.

Comments

chrisjw37 wrote on 11/9/2011, 3:01 AM

Well as no-one answers these forum questions - heres the support answer:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

This should generally not be a problem. Most likely, if you want to do the actual editing in Movie Edit Pro, you don't want to import the Video Easy project file (MVY). You want to go to the actual video files that you have captured in the first place (either MPEG or our own MXV format) and import those. However, you will generally even be able to open the MVY project files. You would need to change the file filter in the function to load a project in Movie Edit Pro first, so you can "see" the MVY files or you would need to change the name of the file extension in Windows Explorer before opening them in Movie Edit Pro. The file extension for a project file in Movie Edit Pro needs to be "MVP".

I hope this information helps.

--
Best regards,
Ralf Hentschel

MAGIX Software GmbH
Postfach 200914
01194 Dresden - Germany