Can not get midistart-2 keyboard to work

Gazzer wrote on 5/12/2009, 5:00 PM
I have just bought the MM15 and keyboard package but my PC does not react when i plug the USB cable in. The keyboard has a sticker underneath saying plug and play (I am using XP). Becuase the PC does not see the keyboard (no sound on the PC when I plug it in - although there is a power light on the keyboard and yes i have it turned on) under program settings>midi>input deivce, i see no options.
If I need drivers then the miditech web site does not provide any and the universal one does not work as the PC does not recognise the program type once i have down loaded the driver.
On doing some research i see there are many other people who have had this problem as well.

PLEASE HELP!! I

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/13/2009, 5:22 AM
Hi there,

I just posted some keyboard detection troubleshooting advice under another recent, similar topic here:

http://www.magix.info/uk/installing-a-synth.knowledge.32113.html

Please look into the issues listed there. For Windows XP, you really won't have to go through any additional, manual driver installation procedures, but you should check whether another device (e.g. USB webcam) is conflicting with the detection of the keyboard. Extension cords and (passive) USB hubs can also result in problems with the sufficient USB power supply for the device and will consequently result in the failure to detect and use the keyboard properly.

I hope this helps.