Can I upgrade Magix PhotoStory Upgrade in the middle of a project (safely)?

Boopis wrote on 11/12/2012, 10:30 AM

I am thinking of accepting your offer to upgrade to the new MAGIX PhotoStory on DVD 2013 Deluxe.
However, before I do, I have a question:
I am currently using MAGIX PhotoStory on CD & DVD 8 and am in the middle of producing a fairly large slideshow.
After the upgrade to the new MAGIX PhotoStory on DVD 2013, will I have any problems creating and editing the slideshow I am currently working on?
I await your answer!

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 11/12/2012, 10:42 AM

Hi,

My opinion is that you will likely not have a problem, but why not download the trial and make sure that your current project works well with the new version.  Also, if you do buy the new version, it will not remove the current version that you have so you will still be able to finish your project in case there are any file compatibility issues.  Again, I doubt that there will be any problems.

Good Luck,

George

oldstrummer535 wrote on 12/21/2012, 2:37 PM

I have used PhotoStory versions 7,8,9,10 and now 2013. I am having severe audio problems when I load my slideshows created in all these earlier versions, into my new 2013 version. I have submitted these problems, in detail, to Magix Tech Support on 5 Dec 2012 and later to their customer services, but have received no reply whatsoever. It appears to me that the arrangement of audio tracks in v.2013 is incompatible with slideshows made in previous versions. Magix Tech Support was excellent years ago, and I am dismayed by their silence now.

(1) If your old slideshows contain NO audio tracks on track 3, you will not have my problem. But if you DID put audio onto track 3, the one displayed at the bottom of the timeline screen in the previous versions, then, when you load your old slideshows into v.2013, your audio tracks will be both invisible and inaccessible for further editing. You will still HEAR your old audio tracks, but you will not be able to reach them, or alter them in any way.

(2) When I right-click any audio track in v.2013, no volume curve and no waveform is displayed. Instead a flat green line appears.

For me, with a collection of old slideshows that I want to improve, by adding eg m2ts video clips, version 2013 is unusable. I have had to reinstall version 10, and revert to using that, and ignore the 2013 version that I have just paid for.