can i split long recording (240mins vhs) into seperate movies-save as seperate movies?

brians298 wrote on 2/21/2011, 6:54 PM

hey guys, i purchased kaiser baas  device to convert my box of old vhs recordings into a digital format for storage so i can throw that big box away. Anyway,

i havequite a few 240 mins vhs tapes with multiple shows on each tape .

I would like to store each show as a seperate file

i guess i have to watch while i transfer and stop at each shows end but this will take ages and i dont have the time to watch this process in realtime.

it would be much more convienient for me to transfer the whole tape in one session and then seperate the shows later by editing it and split the file into seperate shows and then save them as seperate files.

how can i do this?

i am a bit new to this sort of thing

will i need to use a different program to do this?

or is it  something simple that i have overlooked.

please if you can help?

thanks

brian.

Comments

asoeli wrote on 2/23/2011, 3:27 AM

You dont need any other program for this job. I dont know Video Easy, but one way could be this:

Open the film, and find the first show. If it is possible, you can mark Show 1 and save it as a project, without deleting the rest of the film. If not, then:

Cut at the end of Show 1 and delete the rest. Now save Show 1 as a project or export it as Show 1. Load the film again, find Show 2 and delete all before and after Show 2, and save it, and continue further on.

Dont be afraid, you dont delete the original file, it will never be disturbed.

Hope you understand me.

brians298 wrote on 2/23/2011, 7:12 PM

thanks asoeli,

i tried what you said and it worked fine. ( i had 4 documentaries that i had recorded years ago in LongPlay vhs on one tape which i saved on pc as one file)

i didnt yet understand that you could do multiple projects with the same file.

but as ive had multiple minor problems to solve ie-  recording sound out of sinc,picture not filling entire screen, and even my computer crashing  i think it better that i do small shows as tests to get to know the ins and outs of this program  before i commit to the long tapes(of which i have a few!)

mostly the program works on my system and im excited about getting this job done.

thank you for taking the time to help me with my question.