Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/27/2022, 2:22 PM

@Bob_Clark

Hi

If you are referring to the ,dat and cache folders within the C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Photostory Deluxe\ version subfolder - do not touch these.

The files you can delete safely are the .H0 and .HDP temporary files that are created in the same folder as any video clips, I would recommend only doing this when you have completed and exported/created a slideshow from a project - if you ever have to reload and modify the project at a later date these files will be recreated.

Other locations that can be deleted depend on Backup requirements and future planning for returning to a completed project to re-edit it etc.

If you are using the Backup copy, Copy project and media to a folder for 'archiving' a project then the AudioTemp folder can be cleared of files.

If you have to go back to a 'finished' project, at a later date, that has been backed up you would copy the backup to a working folder edit etc and back it up again when completed.

If you do not back up the project and you empty the AudioTemp folder, then on reloading you will be asked to locate the missing audio files.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.