Can I connect my electronic drums to Magix Music Maker and use the drum kits?

littlebadboy wrote on 7/27/2014, 7:15 PM

Can I connect my electronic drums to Magix Music Maker and use the included drum kits?  I have a Simmons SD5K and a midi to usb cable.  How do I do it?

Thanks!

Comments

tomotello wrote on 7/28/2014, 4:59 PM

Have you Music Maker only or Music Maker including Music Studio 2 (I think this is Music Studio Premium)?

With Music Studio 2 or Samplitude Music Studio you could right click on the 'M' (mute) Button on a track and should see then in the pull-down your midi device. If you only have Music Maker the curious thing to me as well is that you would see in File->Settings->Program-Settings on Tab Audio/MIDI in MIDI Output device your device as well. But somehow it's not selectable then in the track. Don't know if this is a half-on-the-way implemented limitation of this version.

However the workaround would be to to load instead a VST midi-out plugin such as this here http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiOut then store the dll somewhere and this time left click on top left of the track where the '+' sign is, go down to 'Software Instruments' and select 'VST plug-in-path where you have stored the midiOut.dll.

Repeat the instrument selection as described and now you should see on Software Instruments the midiOut
and select it. Now wehn clicking on the settings sign '*' 'Open instrument settngs' in the track the midiOut Vsti is shown and you should see your MIDI device as shown below.

Thomas

littlebadboy wrote on 7/28/2014, 5:20 PM

Thank you for your reply Thomas!  I only have the Music Maker 2013 Premium.  I will try your instructions and see if it works and then will post the outcome.

tomotello wrote on 7/29/2014, 1:49 AM

just to be sure if I understood right- I understood it, you want to drive an external drum kit sound modul from music maker. If it's vice versa - meaning you have a hardware drum pad and want to use Music Maker as sound modul with configuring one of the drum kits, then you don't need a workaround with the midiout. At least on myi Music Maker 2014 I can configure such a constellation this way (whats for me 'internal midi 01' should then be for you your external connected usb midi driver attached to the electronics drum.

On step 6 you might have to left click multiple times until you see 'Midi Rec' select and you are automatically in monitor mode, what means you can drive your drums and should hear the selected kit.

Thomas

littlebadboy wrote on 7/30/2014, 8:57 AM

Hi Sir Thomas!

I reviewed my purchase details and realized that I should have Music Studio!  It would be the 1st version though.  I am downloading and installing it now.

Should I follow the same directions?

Thanks!

tomotello wrote on 7/30/2014, 1:33 PM

It should than be easier. Assuming your main goal is to drive the Musik Maker / Studio Drumkit from your electronical device it should be something like this (I've started Samplitude Music Studio 2014 here). It should be similiar. After you have loaded your desired drum kit in Studio - right click on the record light on the track and set to midi record and select Midi Record and from the devices your electronic drum kit (in my case a virtual midi driver internal midi is shown). Hope this is in version Studio 1 the already the same. See below

Thomas

emmrecs wrote on 8/24/2024, 8:19 AM

@zadiac

Your post here has been hidden since it is asking a completely different question to the one raised by the original poster, as well as being to a thread which is more than 10 years old!

Please do not hijack a thread or resurrect such an old one but rather please create a new thread with full details of the version of MM you have and what you have tried to do to resolve the question without success, so far.

Thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam