Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/1/2014, 10:39 AM

Hi Leigh,

You can put up to 4 images on the screen at the same time since you have 4 tracks. But if you have a title and audio, they would take up 2 tracks leaving you with 1.

See this thread for how to do PIP.

You didn't indicate which version of PhotoStory that you have. In 2013, there is an error and the PIP effect is really collages, which is not the same thing.

Place an image on track 1, a different one on track 2, and different ones on tracks 3 and 4, one below the other. Click on the bottom one. Go to Effects in the Media pool (upper right area of the screen), open View & Animation, select Size & Position. You should see the dashed line and corner handles on the image that you selected, in the preview window. Drag a corner to make it smaller. You will then see part of the image on track 3. Click on it in the timeline and drag a corner in a different direction to make it smaller, then you will see part of track 2. Do the same for the other tracks. Size and position them as you wish. You can use the position and size or zoom numbers in the effects dialog (Size/Position) screen to get the same size and to help align your images.

Alternatively, you might want to try out some of the collages, but I can't say that the time will be shortened.

In Movie Edit Pro, you can have up to 99 tracks. For about the same price you get much more flexibility.

Hope this helps.

Last changed by browj2 on 10/1/2014, 10:39 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos