camera is not recognised by software

piratepete wrote on 6/21/2008, 9:35 AM
I am using Movie edit pro 12.  When I first got the software there was no problem, but now software is very reluctant to recognise my camera Panasonic dv (NV-DS33EG).   Keeps saying can't conect.  If I keep trying it will eventually.  When it does connect it no longer say Panasonic.

I have tried connecting the camera to Windows movie maker and it wotks fine. Thanks raltaro Don't think firewire cable is at fault as camera works with Windows movie maker...however in Magix edirpro 12, when you select Digital Video (dv) as the record source there is an option to 'Record dv as MPEG'. If I check the box the camera is recognised again, all seems to be working fine!!

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/23/2008, 3:51 AM
If you're still doing everything just like before (e.g. connection via FireWire and capturing via the standard DV capture option in the program), something might have messed up your DV/FireWire drivers. An application might have installed proprietary DV drivers that Movie Edit Pro has problems working with. You might want to check and see whether you can roll back your DV drivers to the standard Microsoft ones.

Sheetan wrote on 6/28/2008, 3:47 AM
This may sound weird to some of you. I remembered that some time ago I could not make my web cam work. I eventually realised that there was a file "quartz.dll" in my "windows/system32" that was causing this conflict (according to windows it was not a windows file). I removed it and the webcam worked fine. It occured to me to check again and I find this "quartz.dll" file reappeared. I deleted it and now Magix is working fine. Hope this helps.