Cam Studio 2.5; .AVI created files are not readable; why ?

gillesbillard wrote on 6/25/2009, 1:57 PM

When I record  live sessions with Cam Studio 2.5, the produced files are  .AVI files extension.

Theses files are not readable by any Magic video prgm I bought (De luxe 2005 & De Luxe 15+)
However, Windows Movie Maker can read these file without any pb...!!!!!

Can anyone tell me why and help me ?

Regards.

Comments

asoeli wrote on 6/26/2009, 3:36 PM
Some years ago I had problems with importing AVI-files  from a digital still camera (maybe Canon G3) into MEP 10 or 11. The advise from Magix was to untick in Program settings > System > Internal AVI import. You find this in the left side, under Import format.
This solved the problem for me.
ralftaro wrote on 7/2/2009, 11:00 AM
Hi,

Trying what the poster before me said is definitely worth a shot.

Also, what codec did you configure when you exported those AVI files from Cam Studio? Did you use the proprietary codec that can be installed together with Cam Studio? You might want to try a somewhat more common and compatible codec here. Next time you're recording in Cam Studio, just configure the AVI export for one of the codecs that are pre-installed on your system. Import the resulting files into the video program. You might have to experiment with the codecs a little to see which one provides acceptable file size, sufficient quality and compatibility with the Magix program.

I hope this helps.