Burning video does not burn all?

purplesplee wrote on 4/5/2009, 7:02 PM
I have tried and struggled to burn a video I made onto a DVD. The DVD can hold 4.7 GB (2 hours) and my video is only 32 minutes. When I go to burn it, all is fine until I get an error that says that the encoding was aborted and no files were found. I went to hit the burn button again to try and fix it and it came up asking if it should use the file again. I hit "use all" and it burned successfully, or so I thought. I put in my dvd, all was fine except it only held 25 minutes out of the 32. Why did it cut off the last bit? How can I make the above error listed go away? There shouldn't be a problem with burning a 32 minute video should there?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/6/2009, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I can't reconstruct what happened when you had that encoding error in the first place. It might just have been an intermittent problem. If it doesn't go a away, I'd strongly suggest contacting Magix technical support. However, at this point you should just try encoding and burning again. When that prompt you mentioned comes up again, make sure to choose the option to re-encode all files. Otherwise, the program will just be using the previously encoded files again, which are defective/incomplete in this particular case. This way, you will never get the actual project from the editing mode and preview onto the DVD. So, make sure to re-encode everything.

If there's a failure during that encoding process again, you could watch the resulting file and try to narrow down where and why the encoding is aborted. If this always happens at the some point, there's apparently some problematic part/file in your project. As I said, you might want to consult Magix technical support at that stage.

I hope this helps.