Comments

NoTurning wrote on 10/3/2008, 7:43 PM
Hi,
The DVD format is not as standard as it should be... many disks wont play on stand alone players. Make sure your DVD player can recognise recorded disks and try different formats. I've found that DVD +R works in about 95% of the players I've tried them on.

As far as how long should the burn process take? Well that depends on your burner speed and disk format you're using. For a really fast burner it will take approximately FOREVER and on a slower system it will take an ETERNITY.

Burning DVDs is very slow. Set it up and start the burn process and walk away... go eat dinner; maybe watch a movie. Take a bath with some smelly candles and Enya music then check your disk. It should be about half done ^_^

Justin
webguy wrote on 10/4/2008, 4:50 PM
Loved your response to the question!! LOL
I tried to give you high points but when I looked at the up and down arrows I clicked the down arrow thinking it would pull down a menu to pick from, instead it gave you a negative "1" and will not let me vote again. (I gave up on understanding this web site long ago)

But yes, burning can take a long time, especially if you have large files.  :-)
Good anser NoTurning!
NoTurning wrote on 10/4/2008, 8:16 PM

Thanks for the kind words webguy!

Perhaps you should tell us the type of burner you have - like I said before; I've had good luck with DVD +R disks. Most modern DVD burners are multi-format and should be able to accommodate this type.

You mention now that you are trying to "download" a video to DVD. Are you copying for transport or do you want a playable movie?

As far as the format to download the video in; that's going to require a little research on your part... it will depend on the quality vs. size you want. DVD is inherently an .MPG format and you will have the easiest transition there. But it can get a bit chunk.

I hope this helps,
Justin

Morbotron wrote on 10/7/2008, 2:40 PM
Movie Edit Pro burns region free discs. Maybe your DVD player can't play region free discs - Sony is particularly notorious for not allowing this, supposedly to "combat piracy". Does the DVD play on other DVD players?
wegens wrote on 11/24/2008, 7:43 AM
did you mean download from a dvd or download to dvd.

if you try to import your video to magix you have to make sure ,that you finalize your dics in a format where any dvd player or any computer  can read it. not just a canon format.