Comments

massi04 wrote on 10/24/2009, 11:16 AM
You did not give futher details of the PC and the video material which you rendered. In general, you can estimate the time as 1:5, dependending very much on the speed of your processors and the video itself. In case, you have many transitions or effects it will take considerably longer.
You should also take every measure to clean your PC and should not run any unnecessary programs during rendering.
ralftaro wrote on 10/29/2009, 11:40 AM
I'll also have to second the notion that 1 hour 40 minutes sounds fine and doesn't indicate that there's any kind of problem.

Just in case this hasn't really become clear yet: The "burning" process in the context of this program is not just burning (i.e. disc-writing). That really only takes a few minutes, even if you pick a slow writing speed (which you should do). Before the program can write to disc, it will have to encode your entire arrangement into MPEG-2 motion video. If you're ever interested in the technical background of these things, look into how MPEG-2 compression works. It's something that is not technically trivial. We take these things for granted today, but a while back in computing history, our home computing systems were far from being able to handle video editing tasks. The whole notion would have been science fiction. And just a few years ago, we left our computers on over night to encode DVDs. So, 1 h 40 min doesn't sound all that bad to me.  :-)