Burning and export

hiwatt wrote on 12/9/2014, 10:56 AM

I use Photostory Deluxe 2015 for Windows 7. Slideshow on a PC running OK. After burning or exporting the 3D Stereo and transitions are displayed incorrectly as a black area. Burning a DVD PAL standard, standard 2D. I tried various settings with the same result. I do not know what the problem is.

Comments

brian.doreen wrote on 5/9/2015, 4:51 AM

I have reported the same problem to Magix (Germany) about the anomoly when loading a saved version of my project but find that when playing  the rendered DVD, it is not the version that is loaded and displayed on the PC monitor.

There is definately another  problem with the Burning section in Photostory 2015 Deluxe. I have had communication from Magix (Germany) who have been very prompt is replying but it would appear that the Standard DVD PAL standard burning Codec is not that good in rendering the video content of the slide show. Their words not mine!!!. They have suggested burning in H264  HD mpeg 4., which is not compatible with my DVD recorder/player.

I will be contacting the UK technical section and see if they can come up with a patch to correct  this problem ,which completly spoils the complete, otherwise excellent slide/movie software program

johnebaker wrote on 5/9/2015, 9:32 AM

Hi

. . . . After burning or exporting the 3D Stereo and transitions are displayed incorrectly as a black area. Burning a DVD PAL standard, standard 2D. I tried various settings with the same result . . . .

Are the 3D objects on the timeline 3D video or images or are you creating using left / right pairs of video or still images?

What format are you exporting to and which 3D settings are you using?

. . . . They have suggested burning in H264  HD mpeg 4., which is not compatible with my DVD recorder/player. . . . .

DVD only supports Anaglyph 3D (red / cyan glasses).

To support the other 3D formats ie Shutter mode, Side by Side and Polarised you must use mp4 HD or burn to Blu-Ray disc - these have the higher bitrates and framerates (50 - 200 fps)  required for smooth 3D playback.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/9/2015, 9:32 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.