Comments

john-auvil wrote on 9/15/2010, 9:33 AM

I suggest trying to burn it on just a DVD-R not a rewritable RW.

Perhaps the DVD player you have cannot read the RW, which are more suited for data than video. It might be that the video itself needs to be closed out. Unforntunately I am not up to snuff on burning... I just know enough.

I was told a long time ago that DVD really is a crazy format as there are several "standards" the + R (RW) and the -R(RW) being the main ones. This all goes back to disputes by the developers of DVD having a confict of how it would work... Back in the day, burners could only support either + or - but not both. and DVD players had the same problem.

This was further conflicted by the media (the discs themselves) as some worked better or worse and even not at all based on the dye used on the write side of the disc. It was very very confusing. I think things have settled down, at least my DVD burner in this laptop does both +/- and Blu-ray.  I use a TDK DVD+R for my burning, and that has proved to be a good mix for my material

So for your issue, I would first try to see if you can burn to just a DVD... you might want to check with the manufacture of your player to see if it supports or prefers the +R(RW) or the -R(RW) to see which media to get for this burn.

Now, if you have other burning software that you have used before with that media and it was successful on the DVD player then you might want to export your entire project from the PhotoStory as a MPEG-2 file (this is the exact file structure that is then transcoded to DVD, so you could use ANY burning software to burn the video to DVD.

I hope that helps.