Burned DVD stops short of the end.

ThomasGrillo wrote on 6/14/2009, 11:56 AM
Using MEP 15 +, I completed editing a 2 hour movie.

The burned dvd stops playing within a few minutes of the end, and the final chapter does not read when selected.

I've tried shortening the movie about 7 times, eventually getting down to 1 hour, and 45 minutes with the same results each time, with the failure occuring roughly in the same time distance from the end.

I've read where the outer areas of the dvd are the most dangerous places to record or store data as the data transfer rate is unreliable in thes outer reaches of the disc.

So, the big question is:

How in blue blazes do I author a DVD that stops storing data in the last couple hundred megs?

I've even tried redusing bit-rates, encoder quality, and it insists on spanning the entire width of the disc, nomatter what I do.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

ThomasGrillo

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/17/2009, 11:17 AM
Hi there,

What you read about the outer areas of the DVD being more susceptible to writing/reading errors is generally true and does have practical relevance. However, on a fully functional DVD burner, you should be able to properly write an entire DVD and read/replay the result from start to finish. One key is writing the disc at slow burning speeds. Try to go as slow as possible - definitely not faster than 4x speed. Also try different makes or types of DVD blanks. Some just don't work as well with some burners/players as others. Avoid DVD-RW (re-writable) blanks. They're considered the least stable kind of optical medium. Stick with regular DVD-R/DVD+R.

I hope this helps.