Burned DVD doesn't play on TV/DVD player.

tsrusso820 wrote on 1/15/2016, 3:48 PM

I created my Magix Photostory 2016 slideshow project and saved it, then burned it to a DVD (in Magix) several times with frustrating results... I can't get a disc that will play on TV/DVD and PC. 

I used DVD-R disc, selected DVD option in Burn dialog, and result will only play on PC.

I used DVD+RW disc, selected DVD option in Burn dialog, and same results.

I used DVD+R DL disc, selected DVD option in Burn dialog, and it won't play anywhere (and this is what I had done successfully with previous projects burned on older Magix version and they play everywhere).

I used DVD-R disc, selected BluRay option, and result will only play on one TV.

Is there something different with the 2016 version that I'm not doing correctly?

Comments

GE3561 wrote on 1/23/2016, 7:09 AM

I'm having the exact same problem

Surfdude wrote on 2/12/2016, 3:15 PM

I am also having the exact same problem

tsrusso820 wrote on 2/12/2016, 6:07 PM

I contacted Magix software support and they sent me a syscheck.exe to run and then send the results back to them. After they received my results, they sent me this reply... which seems to be the solution:

"I finally got a chance to look through the diagnostics as we are bit behind with tickets at the moment and notices straight away what might be the issue. The discs you are burning are going into a PAL format. This is the standard for Europe and most North American machines will see this as an error.

To fix this when you are on the DVD burning screen select the option to NTSC as shown in my screen shot.

Also if you are asked at the burning to use all or encode all make sure to select encode all and rewrite chapter menus. These steps should burn a correct DVD for your region.

You may also install these latest burn routines:
https://support2.magix.com/customer/de/download_do/120255"

I have tested this once and, using these settings when burning resulted in a DVD that plays well for me (In DVD Burning dialog, click Encoder Settings. In MPEG Encoder Settings dialog, click drop-down menu for Preset & select Standard DVD NTSC).

I have not installed the new burn routines. I had done some research and discovered the PAL vs. NTSC format issue, but had not discovered the resolution... which this seems to be... finally!

I hope you find this helpful. I imagine there are a LOT of other Magix users in the US struggling with this.