Burn failure during rendering of menu.

danlingroth wrote on 10/17/2009, 7:12 PM
I have MEP 15 plus and Windows XP home. 

When I attempt to burn a DVD, the process always crashes when it attempts to render the menu.  I have attempted to change the menu to a different background and/or style but get the same results.  I used to be able to burn DVD's before an update was downloaded and added.  Could this be the problem with the update?

My version is 8.6.1.0 (C1)

Comments

Vasilis wrote on 10/19/2009, 12:35 PM
Well I have the same problem under Windows 7 64bit. I run VDL 15 and just after it finishes encoding the Menu, it gives me an error (0x840007d8) and is unable to create and burn the image on the DVD. My version is the same as yours.

Well since you have XP (64bit?) and not Win 7, try to download the latest burnroutines (2009) from the support site of magix. You can also disable virtual drive services like PowerISO. Unfortunately these didn't work for me and I contacted Magix with no response from their side. I hope it'll work for you though. 

Northernpics wrote on 11/23/2009, 12:44 PM
Hi danligroth,

I had this problem a few months back now, it appears that if you have a project open when the program updates, it corrupts your movie!

The only way to sort the problem, is to re-assemble your project all over again.

Hope this helps