Bugs and problems - Music Maker 2024

Psylma wrote on 8/12/2023, 7:47 AM

Hi, I have multiple strange bugs whenever I spend a more than a couple hours on a project, including but not limited to:

- Audio stuttering, glitches, pops, noise

- Complete audio shutdown (won't play anymore, even after closing and reopening the project)

- Loop fx box: clicking on plus and minus buttons does nothing

- The selected fx box gets stuck on the previously displayed fx even when I select another loop

- When I modify an fx on a loop, making sure it is the only selected loop, it applies the same settings on every other loop with the same fx!!!

- Can't play or record from the red line even when the yellow bar spans the whole song; it always plays from the beginning

I have Music Maker 2024 32.0.1.8 EDM edition (purchased in 2022).

Goes without saying that the program is useless like this which is a shame, because it's great fun when it works.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/12/2023, 8:04 AM

@Psylma This sounds like your audio device cannot keep up with computation.

Make sure you have an ASIO driver selected in the Music Maker program settings. Music Maker comes with the Music Maker ASIO driver in case you don't have an audio interface with its own ASIO driver. Click on Advanced button next to the driver selection and check the buffer size. You might need to increase it for larger projects to a value of 1024 samples or 2048 samples.

If this doesn't help try another ASIO driver, for example the FL Studio ASIO driver which you can get by installing the free FL Studio demo.

If another driver doesn't help you should consider getting an external USB audio interface with its own ASIO drivers.

Psylma wrote on 8/12/2023, 8:12 AM

Hello @SP., I had to reinstall this time, the fx window was permanently bugged, couldn't get it to work anymore. I increased the buffer on the ASIO driver to 2048, will keep updated if this helps.

browj2 wrote on 8/12/2023, 8:43 AM

@Psylma

Hi,

Can't play or record from the red line even when the yellow bar spans the whole song; it always plays from the beginning

Recording starts from the beginning of the yellow bar, so you have to move it to where you want to record, and make sure that the end is far enough along unless you want a looped playback.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Psylma wrote on 8/12/2023, 10:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Unfortunately the bugs resurfaced no later than an hour into the reinstallation. Setting buffer to 2048 and using other asio drivers (asio4all, or the one in FL studio) did not solve the problems, in a small project with 6 tracks the audio glitches out after less than 60 seconds playing. Incidentally I have no trouble playing the preloaded demo song in FL studio with hundreds of tracks, so it is definitely a bug with Music Maker.

Specs for reference: I have a ryzen 7 with 16 GB ram. Onboard audio with Microsoft drivers.

Also do I need an audio interface even if I'm not recording anything, just using loops?

Do audio driver problems also explain UI bugs such as buttons not working?

SP. wrote on 8/13/2023, 12:37 AM

@Psylma Using loops is usually not a problem, even with bigger projects. As soon as you use VST effects this can change dramatically, depending how much computational power they need.

Additionally, Music Maker uses a different audio engine than other audio softwares.

You audio device might have bugged out. You can try to restart your computer (select the Restart option and not the Shut down option!) and see if it helps.

Could you please upload a screenshot of the ASIO4ALL and FL Studio ASIO driver settings via the blue arrow icon above the response text box? I would like to see, if we can find something to improve your settings.

I'm not sure this will help with GUI problems. Music Maker 2024 (version 32) has some issues. I'm still on version 31 so I cannot reproduce such problems.

emmrecs wrote on 8/15/2023, 4:00 AM

@Thomas-Daly

Your post has been hidden since you are asking about a very different problem to the one the OP has raised.

Please do not hijack another user's thread but rather start a new thread with your question, thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

hcsmith wrote on 8/15/2023, 5:19 AM

Although the above Q&A s are not related to my problem they have kvocked my trust in the new 2024 Music Maker program but perhaps I will be lucky??

Amr1800 wrote on 9/24/2024, 1:55 PM

I bought Music Maker 2025 Premium a week ago, And alI I got after a few days is a lot of freezing and annoyment of being stuck by this bad coded app headaches in the middle of a project, leaving me with eternal repeated frozen soundpool samples, 5 days of compaints and useless email replies and nothing is fixed, I demanded a refund, I can't work like this, and now they don't even reply, as if there is no problem ticket to follow-up... its a fraudlent behaviour that I am experiencing now, from a unresponsible compny called Magix, I noticed that I am not the only victim here, many other are having the same grave freezing issues.

SP. wrote on 9/24/2024, 2:11 PM

@Amr1800 These problems are usually caused by not using a dedicated USB audio interface with ASIO drivers.

The standard audio chipsets in most computers might have problems handling the audio engine. They are good for playback, but not so good for sample accurate real-time audio calculations. This may simply overload your system.

Amr1800 wrote on 9/24/2024, 2:26 PM

I changed to Ableton Live standard, and it works with zero issues, not a problem, and regarding your reply, I can't change my PC to suite your specific ASIO needs

Amr1800 wrote on 9/24/2024, 2:30 PM

I made all troubleshooting and there were no problems with my settings, now there is a new talk about drivers, this is not nice at all

jan-cygan wrote on 9/24/2024, 3:50 PM

cóż moi drodzy zakupiłem MAGIX 2025 i po 3 instalacjach wróciłem do starszej wersji a korzystam już od wielu lat z tego programu

johnebaker wrote on 9/24/2024, 4:07 PM

@Amr1800

Hi

. . . . alI I got after a few days is a lot of freezing and annoyment of being stuck by this bad coded app headaches in the middle of a project . . . .

Check in Windows settings, Accessibility, Text Cursor that the option Text cursor indicator is turned off, this is known to cause the behaviour you are seeing?

The comparison with Ableton is not relevant they are entirely different coding.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/24/2024, 4:07 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Amr1800 wrote on 9/24/2024, 5:24 PM

Dear John, I recieved an erlier message on my email from some kind person called Ralf, telling me to check more than a setting on my windows, and I replied as follows:

Ralf, I spent some time checking step by step the accessibility instructions and they were all already set to off by default, and I have no 3rd party apps like mentioned ever before, I really won't be able to continue using such a freezing software frequently. What is the solution for me now? I just wanted a refund and it is not a hard request. If we continue like this without a final solution. What should I do?

Thank you anyway Ralf...

Dear John,

This is a wast of time. Please Refund me my 139 Euros. I uninstalled Magix Music Maker, I don't use it any more, And I am requesting a refund because there are technical issues and I have the right in this case to do that.

Sorry for your time as well as mine. Hope you can understand me

johnebaker wrote on 9/25/2024, 2:49 AM

@Amr1800

Hi

This is a user to user forum not Magix Support, contact Magix by email to infoservice@magix.net requesting a refund.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.