Broken Beatmapper Wizard and More

Dj-Gremix wrote on 1/1/2020, 10:45 PM

After the latest update Magix screwed it again. Beatmapper Wizard is completely broken when you are selecting the 1st beat. Usually in the previous versions the 1st beat was very accurate when you was doing the zoom in to select it.

NOW is a mess, you have to scroll to both sides or zoom in zoom out multiples times to mark the 1st beat. I am losing the faith very fast, I tested the 9, no substantial changes to make me move. I tested the Acid Pro Next and the only feature which I understand is valid is the acapella filtering feature and I have to admit that the quality is not amazing, just meh!

Also they tried to fix the VST dll issue which they solved PART but NOT ALL, so do not expect to recover all your projects if you were running Nexus 2.0

Overall from 1-5 I have to give Magix a #2. They need to return to the classics. I hope next build (IF EXIST) fix all the issues. If you guys make a good product you will sell more for sure.

Version: Acid Pro 8 Build 8.0.10 (build 20)

Comments

Former user wrote on 1/2/2020, 8:55 PM

MAGIX won't sell much more even if they fix the bugs, for a number of reasons:

• A big reason why Sony dropped ACID Pro, was because they didn't feel it was worth the time to invest in it to turn it into a "full DAW." Functionally, ACID Pro is very niche and quite deficient compared to competitors.
    • This is something that Image-Line was able to do with FL Studio, but Sony was not able to do with ACID Pro.
  • Competing DAWs handle Loops and Grooves very well, now (including MAGIX's other Pro DAW).
    • In the decade that ACID Pro was dormant, the rest of the industry kept developing their solutions.
  • The ability to ACIDize Loops (including Transient/Slice Markers) is now a feature in 3rd party DAWs (though some use different terminology cause trademarks).
  • ACID Pro doesn't support RX2 files.
    • REX2 is the optimal format for Drum Samples.
    • Without support for this, many people will pass.
    • None of MAGIX's DAWs (Music Maker, ACID, Samplitude) support REX2 - which hurts them in the production market.
  • Feeble Sample/Audio Editing (compare to Cubase's Sample Editor - it's in Cubase Elements, too)
  • Consumer-Grade Plugins like Vita Sampler that have no business in a professional DAW.
  • Missing basic MIDI Affects like an Arpeggiator.
  • Deficient Piano Roll.
  • Incredibly Out of Date DirectX Effects that simply don't stack up to what you can get for free these days, never mind Waves plugins that can be had for dirt cheap in bundle deals.

At this point, you're better off keeping ACID Pro only for old projects, switching to a free DAW like Cakewalk by BandLab, and spending the $99 you'd have paid to upgrade on a Waves Gold Plugin Bundle.

Cakewalk has Audio Quantize/Groove Extraction. Try it and see if it works well enough for you, but stop using a DAW that has been broken since forever to continue to create new work. Are you masochistic?

It's a software program, not Jesus. You are not beholden to it.

P.S. The Stem Separator in ACID Pro Next is Terrible.

Frank_Fader wrote on 1/8/2020, 6:50 AM

To revert the behavior in the BeatMapper to the classic behavior, disable the Preferences - General Option - "Zoom to mouse pointer".

This affects how zooming via mouse wheel works.

Rednroll wrote on 1/20/2020, 10:54 AM

P.S. The Stem Separator in ACID Pro Next is Terrible.

That was the only new feature I was interested in for APN, but haven't personally tried it yet. I've been spending weeks configuring APN to look, feel, and function the way I'm used to working in past Acid versions, and becoming frustrated along the way when I find preference settings taken out and when I do get things setup to work with my MCU controller, only to find out it doesn't work very well or at all.

All this is becoming very discouraging towards the revival of the products where I was finally very excited to see a 64bit version released with some new life breathed into them.