Blue screen instead of video

J-K4068 wrote on 7/25/2021, 11:51 AM

Hi all! Please can you help? When I start a new project, the video from the VHS I'm playing doesn't appear, just a blue box. It worked fine last month when I tried it so I know the software is compatible etc.

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling, and followed the tips in the helpcentre for "Troubleshooting recording problems with the MAGIX video converter" and "Picture not displaying correctly on videos"

All software is up to date on my laptop - running on a PC (HP 15 Notebook), with Windows 8.1

All advice greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/25/2021, 3:01 PM

@J-K4068

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

For how long did you allow the video to run when you first tried to play and record it? I ask because what you are seeing is exactly what I would expect to see if the section of the tape you are playing had never previously had anything recorded on it. IOW, it is, in effect, “brand new”. This is not to say the whole tape is blank, just the section you are playing.

So, have you tried fast-forwarding the tape and checking a different part of it?

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam