Comments

SP. wrote on 9/15/2024, 3:00 PM

@David-Pook Sounds like ambient music with a deep bass sound that alternates in the left and right audio channel.

You should be able to create those bass sounds with any synthesizer that has a sine wave oscillator.

Either create two tracks and set the pan to left and right or automate the pan for a single channel.

David-Pook wrote on 9/15/2024, 4:23 PM

Either create two tracks and set the pan to left and right or automate the pan for a single channel.

Forgive me, but.......... how can you pan in music maker? I like the idea of copying a track and then setting one to left and the other to right, but bit unsure how to do that but then we also have the problem that the sound should creep from left to right and right to left throughout the whole track. Is that even possible in MusicMaker??

gjonny wrote on 9/15/2024, 5:34 PM

@David-Pook  Have you worked with "Volume Curves"? It's the same idea, but you're defining a pan curve instead.

(Edit)

1) for individual objects on a track: Right-click on the desired track, and in the popup menu, select [Automation] >> [Automation for this Object], and choose "Panorama"

2) for the whole track: Click the "Fx" button at the left-hand end of the track, and select "Panorama" from the menu.

Note: these are based on MM2024. I think MM2021-and-up should be similar.

emmrecs wrote on 9/16/2024, 3:37 AM

@David-Pook

If you're looking for a method to create an "autopan", where the sound "automatically" moves from left to right and vice versa, have a look at the Free FX Bundle from Melda Productions here. It includes an autopanner!

Once the bundle is installed, on your bass track you simply insert the plugin as a VST 2, or 3 if your version of MM can handle the version 3 type. It includes the facility to set the rate of panning etc.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 9/16/2024, 3:38 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

David-Pook wrote on 9/16/2024, 12:41 PM

@David-Pook

If you're looking for a method to create an "autopan", where the sound "automatically" moves from left to right and vice versa, have a look at the Free FX Bundle from Melda Productions here. It includes an autopanner!

Once the bundle is installed, on your bass track you simply insert the plugin as a VST 2, or 3 if your version of MM can handle the version 3 type. It includes the facility to set the rate of panning etc.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thank you, that is a great free bundle. Installed and it works as I want it. Much easier with a plugin that just "does it"! Thank you so much

emmrecs wrote on 9/16/2024, 1:22 PM

@David-Pook

Glad to help, and thanks for the feedback!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam