Batch Converter Presets

sean-mccoy wrote on 7/30/2024, 12:53 AM

Using SF Pro 16, and can't see a way to load saved Batch Converter Presets. I did lots and lots of batch conversions while using earlier versions of SF, and really need to be able to get to the many saved presets I have. In previous versions, there was a folder icon in the presets section for choosing custom presets. Nothing in SF16 except the factory presets. What am I missing?

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/30/2024, 3:57 AM

@sean-mccoy I would guess that the old batch converter presets may be stored in the Windows registry? The batch converter was changed in Sound Forge 15 to a new one, if I remember it correctly. Not sure how compatible the old presets are with the new converter. Or were your old presets made in SF 15?

Former user wrote on 7/30/2024, 7:04 AM

@sean-mccoy 

Custom Batch Preset Location -> C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE Pro\16\Actions

Batch Factory Preset Location -> C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE Pro\16\Actions\Factory Presets

Per SP comment I'm also not sure if the old batch format is compatible with the new converter. I suggest you create a sub folder for your old custom batch files in the above mentioned Custom Batch Preset location, so that it will not clutter the Batch Converter Preset area and you can delete the subfolder if the old batch files doesn't work.

To open the location from the Batch Converter window just right click any preset or the Factory Preset folder and choose Open In Explorer.

Former user wrote on 7/30/2024, 9:38 AM

@sean-mccoy  SP

Update: Test made on SFP v14.0 & v16.0. Batch Job file extension is *.bj on both versions. Test works. Copy your old custom presets to C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE Pro\16\Actions\ex. Old Presets. Double check the destination folder under "Export Format" area of Batch Converter in v16.0. Click "Options" to check. You might need to change the destination folder.

sean-mccoy wrote on 7/30/2024, 10:00 AM

Excellent, thanks all. My old presets were created in SF14 and earlier. I'll try copying them over and give it a try.

sean-mccoy wrote on 8/6/2024, 10:15 AM

Hmm, no Actions folder there. I tried creating one and copying to it, but nothing shows up in SF16. It's pretty ridiculous that they removed the option of opening a preset from a specific location. Illogical.

Former user wrote on 8/6/2024, 3:01 PM

@sean-mccoy In SF16 open Batch Converter and Right Click on an open area below Factory Presets in the Preset: area. Then choose Create New Folder... Type in folder name (ex. Old Presets) -> Click OK -> Close Batch Converter window -> Click No.

In Windows Explorer go to where you stored your Old Presets, copy and paste in C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\SOUND FORGE Pro\16\Actions\Old Presets.

Go back to to SF16 and open Batch Converter again. Notice that below the folder Old Presets created earlier are your old presets.

In creating New Batch Presets: Create Folder (ex. New Presets) -> Enter Settings -> Save -> Enter Batch Preset name -> Choose Folder (e.g. [Root], Old Presets, New Presets, etc.) -> Save Preset.

sean-mccoy wrote on 8/6/2024, 3:08 PM

Ah, sorry, I missed the right click in the Batch Converter area. Thanks, I'll give it a go.

sean-mccoy wrote on 8/8/2024, 1:46 PM

Well, it's still not working. I created a folder in the Batch Converter as instructed, but there's still no Actions folder in Program Data. And manually created folders aren't recognized in SF. Now the Batch Converter won't open at all. Something's screwy here.

Former user wrote on 8/8/2024, 2:12 PM

@sean-mccoy Are you sure you navigated to the correct location?

Other than that, I'm completely clueless why it doesn't work at your end.

Guys - any thoughts?

sean-mccoy wrote on 8/8/2024, 4:21 PM

No, I was looking in the Sound Forge Pro 16 folder. Duh! Anyway, I found this, and the old presets are there. But my tinkering has hosed the Batch Converter in SF16. No worries as I still have SF14, which is working just fine. I'll report back if I ever get it working in 16 again. Thanks much for your help.

rraud wrote on 8/9/2024, 1:32 PM

But my tinkering has hosed the Batch Converter in SF16.

Resetting SF (File menu) would likely bring the BC back to the factory default state but would also reset most other custom settings as well.