Audio (wav) Rendering issue

WatchWoods wrote on 4/27/2019, 10:41 AM

I am experiencing an issue where rendered audio is omitting some of the effects that I have placed on the track. For clarity, I'm attempting to render a single track as a wav. On my fx chain I have Track Eq, Shaperbox (64 Bit) and Little AlterBoy, and when the wave is rendered, the ShaperBox effects are not being rendered.

Any one else experiencing a similar issue with any of their vsts?

Comments

sheppo wrote on 5/1/2019, 1:48 AM

Hi @WatchWoods - there have been issues with previous versions where when rendering tracks out certain VSTs weren't behaving correctly. I'm thinking specifically VSTs that relied on the track BPM AND the project had multiple / varying BPMs set. So, first question, are you on the latest version of Acid Pro?

If you are, can you provide steps to reproduce the issue, VST versions (find the plugin in the plugin list, right click, properties), any workarounds you've found (e.g. muting all other tracks, and rendering project). Do you see this with all effects, or just shaperbox, and alterboy? are you using jbridged VSTs?

Matt-Francis wrote on 5/1/2019, 6:53 AM

I am experiencing an issue where rendered audio is omitting some of the effects that I have placed on the track. For clarity, I'm attempting to render a single track as a wav. On my fx chain I have Track Eq, Shaperbox (64 Bit) and Little AlterBoy, and when the wave is rendered, the ShaperBox effects are not being rendered.

Any one else experiencing a similar issue with any of their vsts?

Have you tried Real Time Render? I had a problem rendering where the Glitch plug in effect wasn't functioning but it worked when I did a Real Time Render.

WatchWoods wrote on 5/2/2019, 7:46 PM

Have you tried Real Time Render? I had a problem rendering where the Glitch plug in effect wasn't functioning but it worked when I did a Real Time Render.

I did, but I'm just trying to render out a 4 or 8 bar loop, not the entire song. From what I could tell real time render renders the entire project?

Edit: so real time rendering seems to capture the time altering effects of the shaper box plugin. I can use that as a work around, but it's not ideal...hopefully this gets sorted out so the other rendering modes work as well.

So, first question, are you on the latest version of Acid Pro?

I believe so. I'm using Version 8.0.8 (Build 29) 64-bit

If you are, can you provide steps to reproduce the issue, VST versions (find the plugin in the plugin list, right click, properties), any workarounds you've found (e.g. muting all other tracks, and rendering project). Do you see this with all effects, or just shaperbox, and alterboy? are you using jbridged VSTs

I'm using the ShaperBox-64bit version 1.0.2.000. I believe (so far) this is the only VST that I've noticed a rendering issue with. little alterboy seems to render fine. Haven't found a work around, and not using the j-bridge