audio stopped loading with project

Neil-Scott wrote on 8/28/2024, 4:38 PM

I'm a novice with Samplitude. I puchased Samplitude Pro X8 about a month ago. Everything was going smooth until I downloaded the update yesterday. I ended up with several new issues. I managed to fix everything except for this. When a project loads none of the audio loads. I get this window and I have yet to figure out how to load my audio tracks. I would appreciate some help. I contacted support but haven't had a reply.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/28/2024, 5:07 PM

@Neil-Scott Are the files still on drive D? Sometimes Windows changes drive letters if you use external drives.

Neil-Scott wrote on 8/28/2024, 6:12 PM

Yes they are still on drive D.

SP. wrote on 8/28/2024, 6:38 PM

@Neil-Scott Does it make a difference if you run Music Studio as administrator via a right click on the program icon?

Neil-Scott wrote on 8/28/2024, 7:04 PM

I’m using Samplitude Pro X8

SP. wrote on 8/29/2024, 1:39 AM

@Neil-Scott Does it make a difference if you run Samplitude as administrator via a right click on the program icon?

emmrecs wrote on 8/29/2024, 10:31 AM

@Neil-Scott

In addition to what @SP. has advised: in your screenshot there is clearly a button labelled "Relink file". What happens if you click on one of the "Used media files" in the left panel of that screen and then "Relink file"?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Neil-Scott wrote on 8/29/2024, 12:55 PM

First of all thanks to you and Sp for trying to help. The Relink file and Select objects do nothing and Collect files brings up a blank file. Now the crazy part. I hit Open file and an audio file opened up. All of the missing tracks were there. The option in the right corner allows a track to play. I played the bass track and it played. When I stopped it I noticed some of the audio appeared. I hit OK and all of the tracks loaded except 2 drum tracks they were both blank. Some of the tracks the master volumes had changed. This program was rock solid until the recent update. I even uninstalled and reloaded it. Now the transport bar will stop. I have to delete it and reopen it. The mixer won’t extend. I have to right click and change to Canis the back to Carbon for it to extend. The tracks are color coded but the waveform load in black. So I have to choose colors again.None of my projects open now with audio tracks. These are just some of the issues. Some of these songs were finished and some were almost finished. I’m 73 and this is probably my last project. Very frustrating.

SP. wrote on 8/29/2024, 1:59 PM

@Neil-Scott You can reset the program via the Help menu. Reinstalling will not reset it.

Neil-Scott wrote on 8/29/2024, 5:28 PM

Thank you SP! The reset seemed to stabilize the issues I was having with the transport, mixer, etc. The audio took some work arounds but I have my audio tracks back. Thanks again!