Audio Quantization Crashes

DJPTeaching wrote on 11/30/2022, 6:32 PM

Hey everyone,

I've been using Samplitude since the X3 version and the thing that brought it to my attention was the region specific plugin editing. It's a great feature and lets me do an enormous number of things without having to automate my mixes.

However in the X7 version I have found an issue with the audio quantization function. I am currently trying to mix a 6 track EP for a client and every time I try to detect the transients in the Audio Quantization Wizard the program crashes. I have managed to find something of a workaround, which is to use the Extended Audio Quantize - Detect Transients function, but this works about 70% of the time. The remaining 30% results in a program crash.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, what may be the cause? I have a Windows 11 pc running a Ryzen 7 with 32GB RAM. I have no other versions of Samplitude installed and all of my plugins are genuine and licensed. I record to an NVMe SSD.

As you can appreciate, this has resulted in a significant increase in the time I have spent on the project and I do not bill my clients for time spent on software issues. It has gotten so bad that I am considering using a different DAW for my professional projects in the future to remain competitive... as nice and all as the region specific plugins are, I would go back to using automation in my workflow just to remain cost effective.

Anyway, any help with this issue would be appreciated. :)

DJPT.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/30/2022, 6:56 PM

@DJPTeaching I would suggest you contact customer support at proservice@magix.net and send them your project for further analysis.

DJPTeaching wrote on 11/30/2022, 8:43 PM

@DJPTeaching I would suggest you contact customer support at proservice@magix.net and send them your project for further analysis.

I have just done so. Thank you for your suggestion! :)