Audio problems with Movie Edit Pro 15

dmcniel wrote on 11/1/2009, 4:36 PM
I just downloaded Movie Edit Pro 15 trial version.  I installed the software and opened an .avi file that I had previously captured from DV camera.  This file will play correctly in Windows Media Player and will load and play correctly in Windows Movie Maker.

When loading into Movie Edit Pro, the audio "drags", falls behind the video and is choppy. 

If I capture with Movie Edit Pro, this does not happen.  However, I have a good bit of video that is already captured and I no longer have access to the tape.

Any suggestions?

I like the features of the software, but if I can't fix this, I won't need to purchase it.

Thanks
Dan

Comments

asoeli wrote on 11/1/2009, 5:08 PM
This may perhaps be caused by installed audio codecs on your PC. Can it have nonnection with the Sample rate of the sound? (Check it under File > Movie settings )
Checking for codecs can be done with GSPOT, free on Internet.

I see that you capture with MEP with good results. There are some tools in MEP to correct such "dragging".

dmcniel wrote on 11/1/2009, 5:41 PM
Gspot indicates no problem with codecs.  I've altered sample rate.  It changes the sound but does not correct.
AndyCope wrote on 11/10/2009, 8:04 AM
I had your problem with the real MEP 15, (movie edit pro 15)
But their is a way to solve it. I dont beleive you can solve it in the trial version
But there is a way in MEP 15 the first time you insert a movie on MEP15 it will sound funny, It wont match with the video it will ask you to register MEP 15 to get sound editor or something in this matter. click yes or register or ok and register MEP15
then when you insert your movie it will take up two tracks, One for the video and one for the sound this will ensure that the preveiw screan and the playback work properly with the sound.
If you have further problems contact the platum member- Ralftaro he has helped me with my problems in MEP 15 here is his link >> Ralftaro
P.S. I Highly Recomend you perchess MEP15 the best place to get it is www.ebay.com (click link>>)  {http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=Movie+Edit+Pro+15&_sacat=See-All-Categories}