Audio plays back incorrectly

Joe-DeMare wrote on 4/25/2023, 4:57 PM

I dropped an MP3 recording into Music Maker, but when I try to listen to it to edit it, the recording is very tinny sounding, speeded up, and often crashes after about 30 seconds. It's pretty much unusable. This problem appeared a few days ago. I've never had this problem before and I don't think I'm doing anything differently. I bought the upgrade, and updated to the latest version. No difference. When I generated a new MP3, that sounded normal.

Here are my hardware specs:

12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz

Windows 11 Home Version 22H2

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/25/2023, 5:05 PM

@Joe-DeMare This might depend on the specific MP3 file. You could convert it to a standard WAV file first.

Joe-DeMare wrote on 4/25/2023, 6:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately same problem with WAV file.

Joe-DeMare wrote on 4/25/2023, 6:36 PM

I also tried dropping the same MP3 file that I want to edit into Movie Studio. There it sounded perfectly fine. So, it's apparently not my sound card, and it is Specifically the Music Maker software.

SP. wrote on 4/25/2023, 8:02 PM

@Joe-DeMare The WAV file also speeds up and crashes? Does this happen only with both these files or other files, too?Could you please upload an analysis of your files made with the free tool MediaInfo?

Joe-DeMare wrote on 4/26/2023, 10:50 AM

The WAV file also speeds up. In fact, I reloaded old Music Maker projects that had no problems in the past and they also are now speeded up and unusable. So, it's pretty clearly not the MP3 or WAV file that I'm trying to edit. Is there some setting that speeds up playback? Perhaps that got changed somehow.

SP. wrote on 4/26/2023, 11:53 AM

@Joe-DeMare If it's something general you might try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

emmrecs wrote on 4/26/2023, 1:53 PM

@Joe-DeMare

One other possibility to consider: since it seems that playback of your files is being "speeded up", is it possible that the sample rate of your soundcard (presumably internal) is set to the "wrong one"? e.g., your files have a sample rate of 44.1kHz but your computer is playing them as 48kHz.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Joe-DeMare wrote on 4/26/2023, 3:38 PM

Well, I went to my settings and changed the audio driver to Music Maker Ansio. That seems to have worked. I don't think that driver was available before the upgrade.