Audio export has the same bugs since 2021 version of Music Maker

Ehorner wrote on 3/31/2023, 6:59 PM

Hi,

I sent in a ticket to support as well on this but I'm going to hit both at once to see if I can get some answers. I have used this software since 2021 just got the 2023 upgrade, and i have yet to be able to use the export function. my songs sound great within the software but once you export it, it still exports no vocoder sounds, it still has some odd sound it plays at the beginning of every export like I had one note played at the beginning but it's not my song because I have a delay before any audio starts but this sound is immediate. The vocoder is my biggest issue, I exported the song and uploaded it to SoundCloud but muted the vocals since they are just raw thanks to problem with the vocoder.

my point is, this is in no way professional, if it only sounds good within the software I might as well play it on a kids pre recorded music toy. I have patiently waited two years for this to be fixed and nothing has been done, just new things for us to purchase. for now i have to play the song into my mixing console into a 24 track adat, then replay the song and record it back into music maker to actually have the song close. but as any professional can imagine that kind of setup loses audio quality and has issues of it's own.

any news on if they plan on fixing these issues or should i look into a new DAW?

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/31/2023, 7:12 PM

@Ehorner Does it make a difference if you set the audio driver to Direct Sound before exporting your song?

The Vocoder export is broken for years now. I think effect is not made by Magix but by Zynaptiq and a new version of Orange Vocoder is in development hell since 2018 (back then it was announced as coming soon in Q2 2018). So I don't think that there will be a fix anytime soon.

This were the last updates from May 2022 and January 2023

https://nitter.at/zynaptiq/status/1611773451844321284

Ehorner wrote on 3/31/2023, 8:27 PM

well that's disappointing to hear. I will try the direct sound to see if it fixes the strange sound at the beginning. but I noticed with the new 2023 version it also erases the orange vocoder effects from my tracks when I export it. so I have to close and not save after exporting. not that it matters now.