Audio export at wrong speed

Patrick-Donicht wrote on 1/11/2023, 10:28 AM

I recorded a multitrack last night with Samplitude X7 and we listened back while I created a mix. Everything was correct as I mixed to file. I sent the file to the band but they noted a slightly more than a half step of pitch shift along with tempo increase. This morning the multitrack is now playing back wrong(increased speed and pitch). Sweetwater Creation Station, Samplitude X7, Win 10 OS

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/11/2023, 10:41 AM

@Patrick-Donicht

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, are you aware there is a dedicated forum for users of Samplitude Pro and Sequoia here? Registering at and reposting your question there might elicit more answers, I think.

However, the most common reason for pitch change of music is a difference in sample rate. I'm guessing you recorded at 44.1kHz. Check that playback is set to the same. What you are describing would happen if that rate has somehow changed to 48kHz. It needs to be reverted to 44.1.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam