Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/3/2024, 11:25 AM

@anthony-barone

Welcome to the Magix users forum, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

Are you guys kidding?

Err, no, we fellow-users are certainly not kidding!

When the initial splash screen is displayed, at the lower left hand corner you should see a series of events detailing the sequence of various modules being set up. On which of these does it freeze?

With that information and details of your computer (see this post for details of what we really need to know) we may well be able to suggest a solution to you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Lee-N wrote on 9/4/2024, 5:06 PM

I had the same problem but I just expect bad untested design these days. Unfortunately can't remember the remedy but maybe something to do with settings, assuming you have the same issue. If you can find a way into the settings, look for something about message boxes and bringing them back. Once they are back, read them all carefully and remember to check the box that says don't show again.

johnebaker wrote on 9/5/2024, 2:43 AM

@anthony-barone, @Lee-N

Hi

An earlier version of the software had an issue with a popup dialog hiding behind the splash screen which was fixed, however it may have crept back in again.

. . . . Unfortunately can't remember the remedy but maybe something to do with settings . . . .

One reason why you are likely to get a popup on start up is the GPU is below the minimum specification required and/or does not have a required driver component version.

Another issue which has been encountered by one user was due to installing the program on an external USB drive, while this is possible, this should not be done, it causes several issues.

If necessary, the program can be installed to an internal drive, never to an external USB drive.

As @emmrecs has requested we need your computer specifications to help with the issue.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/5/2024, 2:46 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.