AP807 Rewire Slave only works for audio, not Midi

Ira-Wasserman wrote on 10/2/2018, 11:29 PM

Thanks for the improvements in Rewire Slave for AP8 (Version 8.0.7)

The Rewire Channels for (AP8) Audio seems to work based on my testing with Cubase 9.5 Pro and Reaper as Rewire Hosts.

Unfortunately (AP8) Midi for Rewire Slave does not.

I tested that in Cubase Pro 9.5 and Reaper.

Comparatively, while in Cubase Pro, I was able to bring up Reaper as a Rewire Slave and see all the Reaper Midi Channels (as route-able Midi Outputs: Reaper Rewire Midi Output Channels 1-16). Not for Acid Pro. Nothing shows up for Midi Out routing to AP8 Rewire Channels.

I need to use the Cubase Piano Roll (Midi Editor) and Midi Clips to trigger Acid Pro Instruments.

Anyway, I would have purchased Acid Pro 8 if Rewire Slave fully worked (meaning not just Audio, but also Midi).

I guess I'll wait until that happens, if it ever happens.

If someone (on the dev team) is still working on getting Rewire Slave for AP8 to work like 'all other' Rewire Slave DAWs (which includes ability for Rewire Slave to receive/route Midi from the Rewire Host), then that would be fantastic. Until that happens, I unfortunately can't use AP8 for my needs.

Also, since the news/notification on latest AP8 updates only comes from running the AP8 Program, I guess I won't know when and if Rewire gets fixed for Midi since my trial will end soon.

Thanks for taking my thoughts into consideration (because other users also like using AP8 as a Rewire Slave).

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...