AP8 beatmapper and metronome sound and volume

Former user wrote on 4/30/2018, 7:55 AM

Hello!

Nice having Acid back again:)

I would like to see a fresh update in Beatmapping mode

A organic way of stretching each segment individually right from the start...not manually adjusting them afterwards...it would be great for the workflow:)

Tracks with a constant bpm work fine as always but tracks with drifting bpm is where beatmapper come off grid so to speak...

Or am I doing something wrong when beatmapping?

I know other DAW's do this by recognize transients or what it's called and in the end somehow stretch the track altogether to a clean constant tempo.

And...

I think it would be nice if I could adjust the volume of the metronome, and have the click with another sharper sound...now it's to "dull" and the level is a little to low...

Regards

fdj

Comments

shintobi wrote on 5/29/2018, 7:07 AM

Hi fdj,

thank you for your post. There is currently no intent to change the beatmapper, which doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

You can adjust the metronomes volume in the Mixing Console via the Preview fader on the left side. If it isn't visible, click the Preview Bus button in the Mixing Console.

I forwarded the request for more metronome sounds to the developement team.

Best Regards,

\Tobi

D3V14NT wrote on 9/29/2018, 10:17 AM

I figured out a workaround!!!!!!!!! Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!! So I bought ACID Music Studio 9 pretty much only for the Beatmapper Wizard. I installed it, go to use it, and notice no metronome during the Beatmapper Wizard. If i checked or unchecked the metronome box it would just restart the loop.

I tried changing all of the audio settings, uninstalled/reinstalled.. same. What worked was when I uninstalled and reinstalled with compatability for Windows Vista SP2. I am currently running Windows 7 so best of luck to everyone with this issue. I also went into properties and chose to run as admin. Totally not going to try and repeat the results to see if that part mattered at all.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 9/29/2018, 4:41 PM

My fellow Acid user.

Don't you just love it when thing's work correctly..Sorry to admit that it's not Always the case.

I have to admit I have never had a problem with timing drift , is it just a matter of a latency issue?I have to admit I never bother running at 24 bit 96k ,I'm old vinyl has always been my choice of medium if buying music .But I started out with w30 sampler 12bit less than 16 seconds of mono to work with (limited but productive), various synths kawaii K1 ,tb303,tr909 and 16 channel Beringer mixer and recording to c90 cassette .All the noise from cable's mains power noise etc was challenging then the Sony Dat replaced the cassette's.All at a Crisp 16bit 44k .Since then I have always worked at 16bit 44k.Cds at 16bit 44k .I guess Im trying to say is 24bit uses more resources which our computer's could use elsewhere.I don't know the reason timing drift is your problem maybe its resousres 16bit might help ?

But I have to admit the metronome since last night's update has stopped I no longer have a working click.

With regards to your comments on metronome being bit crap do you know the audo tab in preferences the sound can be changed ? Might help using something other than that wood Knock....

ut He!

Nice having Acid back again:)

I would like to see a fresh update in Beatmapping mode

A organic way of stretching each segment individually right from the start...not manually adjusting them afterwards...it would be great for the workflow:)

Tracks with a constant bpm work fine as always but tracks with drifting bpm is where beatmapper come off grid so to speak...

Or am I doing something wrong when beatmapping?

I know other DAW's do this by recognize transients or what it's called and in the end somehow stretch the track altogether to a clean constant tempo.

And...

I think it would be nice if I could adjust the volume of the metronome, and have the click with another sharper sound...now it's to "dull" and the level is a little to low...

Regards

fdj