AP8.0.8 soft synth plugin was not found or did not load properly

hotpocket200 wrote on 7/27/2019, 11:23 PM

Hello All,

First time poster, but I have been following some of the concerns with the Acid Pro 8 update.

The concern I have is that I have seen others have the same issue of "Soft Synth Plug-in was not found or did not load properly" from their old projects, after the update. I also have this issue after the update and it is not feasible for me to add the soft synth again. I change parameters on soft synths according to the project, so I could be using the same preset for two projects, but they will each sound unique because I change the parameters; and often throughout the project. I work "in the box", so I normally have at least 15 tracks that are soft synths. Right now, they are all saying DLS Soft Synth.

Omnisphere and NI Massive are loading the settings prior to the update in some projects and not others. All my UHE soft synths and Serum are not loading the settings prior to the update. I can load a new instance of the UHE soft synths or NI soft synths on the track without an issue, but the issue I have is I need the settings from before the update!

I have seen solutions for the Acid Pro 8 program getting stuck on startup, but I have not seen a solution for this particular problem; although, it was mentioned several times in the threads concerning the "stuck on startup". Please, if anyone has a solution or work-around to let me know of what it may be. I really would like to keep the update rather than re-install to the previous version.

Thank you.

Comments

Mateiasu wrote on 8/20/2019, 6:03 AM

Can this post maybe help you? It sounds like my issue but with different VSTs.

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/after-re-install-sampletank-2-x-was-not-found--1229466/

hotpocket200 wrote on 8/30/2019, 4:37 AM

@Mateiasu

I apologize for the delay in responding back to you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me advice on a solution that had worked for you! I will have to learn how to use a hex editor, but if it works out, it will be worth it. Thank you again!