AP11 would work if...

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 2/6/2023, 5:51 PM

Just giving AP another try and since Magix does not allow more than one trial (if 30 days are passed on one ID, you cannot re-try the trial), I ended up upgrading with my fingers crossed.

So, AP11 will work without a glitch just as long as no 3rd party plugins are used. I have used AP as a fast idea slate anyway by making music in other DAWs and bringing the loops back into AP to put the song together, so, as long as I stick to that work flow, it will work. Mind you, I have only done about 20 tracks at a time and so far, no issues.

I am still hoping that a company with more dedicated developers will take over Acid but if Magix holds on to it, please respect the money being paid to you and continue working on this gem of a DAW.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/7/2023, 6:31 AM

@Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick Good advice. There were already some reports in this forum mentioning that ACID runs much more stable if you load all third party plugins in a VST chainer plugin like Waves Studio Rack because this plugin will then handle the communication with all other plugins instead of the buggy ACID VST interface.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 2/7/2023, 10:55 PM

Spoke to soon! The annoying problem of jittery display is still there!! What the hell?

As soon as the track count went up (22 tracks on a 3 minute track with NO 3rd party plugins), when zooming in to do surgical cutting/editing, the GUI started lagging. Come on! This has been going on since version 8.

DannyNYC wrote on 5/1/2023, 10:44 AM

In your Preferences on the General tab, enable or disable XP theme support (for troubleshooting try turning it on or off -- the opposite of what you have currently).Then check the box next to "use slower updates too prevent playback clicks..." see if that helps. And this might sound rudimentary, but are you certain your video cable is stable? Even one loose pin can wreck your displayability. Basic solutions, I know. but sometimes they help. I've also learned from using Ableton that the hosting app seems to be much happier with fewer places to have to run around looking for your plugins. I now default to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 and C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Older VSTs don't seem to enjoy being placed in those locations, but everybody else seems pretty happy. VST3 seems to be godsend with it's memory resource management. good luck