Comments

Teles wrote on 3/3/2019, 6:43 PM

I am experiencing the same thing, it stops at 25% scanning VST plugins. I use other software for the VSTs and I cannot remove them to get AP8 working.

ACID-Support wrote on 3/4/2019, 5:35 AM

Hi @evan-mitchell, @Teles

I'm really sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with the latest patch release. It had a massive rebuild of the complete plug-in scanning system, so even after much, much testing, some problems we couldn't predict. If you are having trouble getting ACID to open because of the VST scanning, the following might help:

With ACID not running, 
locate the following directory on your machine:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0

Locate these files: 
acidpro.plugincache_x32.xml
acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml
​acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml

and delete them. If you open the program again, ACID should reset its search directory for plugins. It will be necessary to add and scan again any additional VST folders.

If you are able to open ACID, a force rescan on the VST configuration tab should do the trick and show all the available plugins.

Cheers!

Bea

Teles wrote on 3/4/2019, 4:27 PM

Thanks for the assistance. This still does not work. I uninstalled 8.0.8 yesterday then redownloaded and installed 8.0.7 today, upgraded it to 8.0.8 and then startup hung on scanning VSTs.I end-tasked AP and deleted the 3 plugincache files you listed, but startup still hung on scanning VSTs. I can end task each scan_server process to get AP running but without VSTs.

"If you are able to open ACID, a force rescan on the VST configuration tab should do the trick and show all the available plugins."

The forced rescan hangs just like startup does, and I have to end task the scan_srver processes to get control of AP again.

Teles wrote on 3/5/2019, 2:30 AM

I seem to have fixed it! by setting the program to Run as an Administrator. It now starts up faster than ever and opens VST instruments much faster too.

ACID-Support wrote on 3/5/2019, 6:26 AM

Hi @Teles! I'm happy to hear you were able to solve the problem! If you have any more question, don't hesitate to conntact support!

jon-l wrote on 3/5/2019, 4:23 PM

Hi @Teles. I just tried this. Set it in "properties" (as opposed to right-click) but it still didn't work...

Teles wrote on 3/5/2019, 4:34 PM

I also set it in properties. Just checking, did you do it in Windows Explorer for the actual acid80.exe file in the "C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 8.0" folder? Doing the shortcut probably had no affect.

jon-l wrote on 3/5/2019, 4:57 PM

Thanks. Did it there. No difference.

evan-mitchell wrote on 3/5/2019, 6:02 PM

@ACID-Support I have tried every every suggestion and none of them have worked, I have had to reinstall the original Acid Pro 8 version, can you please link me to a download for the "8 8.0.7 build (233)" so I can update to that?

Vinvent_Verhoeven wrote on 9/5/2019, 1:08 PM

Has no one found a solution for the problem?

Newman-cz wrote on 9/25/2019, 3:48 PM

If a program freezes while scanning, I drop it by the program manager. And I repeat this procedure several times until the program runs. It's awkward solution, but when a person needs to work ...

awen wrote on 10/23/2019, 8:33 AM

Im getting the same problem on windows 7 pro sp1 64bit. when i start acid pro 8 it freezes at scanning vsts on 75%. i have to end the program with task manager.

i tried deleting the plugin cache as described above that did not solve this problem.

i tried setting acid pro 8 to run as an adminstrator, this did not solve the problem.
I am able to get acid pro 8 to load sometimes and not get stuck on 75% scanning vsts but this is not ideal.