Anything to do about freezes/crashes/lockups???

rottoVJ wrote on 8/4/2022, 9:37 AM

Recently have been using Acid Pro 10.0.0.6 now for a couple of months and this thing freezes or locks up or crashes at LEAST 6-7 per edit. nothing too big; 2 or 3 effects per channel....4 channels - between 10 and 25 minutes long. its almost not usable. anyone experience this or have a solution???? downgrade? some other patch? i'm on an i7 with16gb ram + nvme ssd...PC shouldnt be the issue. all other software works fine on it.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/4/2022, 9:41 AM

@rottoVJ Some users suggested to run ACID in Windows 8 compatibility mode and to only have one kind or type of VST plugin in the VST path (only 32 bit OR 64 bit and only VST2 OR VST3, don't mix them).

Phillip-Dav wrote on 8/6/2022, 6:23 PM

I opening another thread this is not acceptable, I just bought this lil before 11 I have crashes with using no vsts just using the curves or whatever to say have a falloff or lower the gain, nothing extra.

sheppo wrote on 8/8/2022, 1:47 PM

@rottoVJ - I wont say I have a 100% solution, but for me doing the following helped a lot with stability.

1. Install VST / VSTi plugins in to a custom folder. I use d:\vst for example
    • this wont help with stability per say, but it will help you organise plugins more easily
  2. Get the latest updates for all of your plugins
  3. As @SP. suggested, where possible use native 64bit plugins - this means acid is not resorting to use the VST bridge, which is suspected to contribute to stability issues
  4. Uninstall (or exclude from the plugin manager) plugins you don't use. Personally over the many many years I've been messing with audio my VST folders have become clogged with multiple copies of the same plugin or plugins I haven't used in years - spring cleaning means less bloat for any DAW you use to have to scan and manage
  5. Although it sounds like your project is simple, I find that for larger projects try to avoid having too many plugins on a track or bus. If you have a track with lots of plugins try moving some to an audio bus and routing the track to it, or using send tracks.
    1. As an example... My simple 'DJ project' that has a few 'decks' and FX on it, then a load of mastering FX on the master bus was super unstable until I split the master bus FX out to 2 FX buses.
  6. Where possible avoid using event FX
    1. Acid allows you to add FX to an FX - which is super powerful, but the down side to this is if you ever split that event it doubles the processing and memory requirement - it now has to load multiple instances of the same plugin