Animation - no tween images created

Robert-Johnson wrote on 7/13/2019, 8:28 AM

I am trying to create a simple animation. Just a fade into a jpg from a blank screen. I've created my beginning and end point images and expanded time to 5 seconds per image but when I run the file I get 5 seconds of image one followed by 5 seconds of image 2. Just a hard break between the images. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas welcome as this is a bit frustrating. thanks!

Comments

browj2 wrote on 7/13/2019, 8:58 AM

Hi,

The program did exactly as you asked - it showed the first image for 5 seconds, then the second image for 5 seconds. It has no other idea as to what you want to do.

What you want is an effect - a fade in. This is simply done by using 1 image and dragging the left fade handle to the right, the amount that you want for the fade in. You should review what the handles on the objects do and how to use effects. You may want to watch my tutorials on Basic Editing in Movie Edit Pro - pretty much the same thing as in PhotoStory.

Tutorials:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Robert-Johnson wrote on 7/15/2019, 8:58 PM

Ah yes. I have done fade outs. I was thinking to start simple with a fade as animation but my needs may be met with simple effects as you suggest. I'm familiar with handles and use them all the time for audio. Thanks for your help.