An error occurred while writing the project file right from start

MovieDude wrote on 10/11/2009, 11:22 PM
 I have loaded the program, both from the disc and then the internet.
Upon startup, I get the message, "An error occurred while writing the project file"  This shows up twice (after saying OK to the first message) and then I get the Microsoft Windows message that Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus has stopped working and that Windows will close the program and notify me if there are any solutions.

I have been working with tech support for over 2 months and I've even sent them a detailed dump to look at.  After all this time, I get a response from them as follows:
"Thank you for your message."

"I have been out of the office. Sorry for the delay. I have been over your Syscheck file again and I can't find any reason for the error you are having. When did the error first appear?"

I haven't been able to use this program at all and I sure would like to think that I didn't waste $60 for nothing.   My PC info is as follows:

Movie Edit Pro (Version: Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus)
> OS:          Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
> CPU:         2.40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad
> RAM:         3326 Megabytes Installed Memory
> DirectX:     10
> Graphic:     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
> Sound:       Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo
> Browser:     Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US)

Please help me if you can.  Thanks

Comments

Clevo wrote on 10/12/2009, 6:56 AM
Hmmm... OK make sure your Windows is up to date and the drivers for all your periferals (Video card, the latest DirectX etc)

Try starting WWMEPro as administrator (would have been good to install as administrator too)

Look in Device Manager and make sure there are no conflicting devices...

If the problem persists then check Event Viewer, it will give a detailed "dump" of the problem right down to the specific program modul. Any information in there you can share, do so it might help us give a more meaningful answer.