Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 12/19/2013, 4:13 PM

Hi,

If you just want to add the audio track from a previously recorded video in slide show maker, I would use something like Audacity (free), import the video file to audacity (you will only get the audio portion) export it as MP3 then drag it to the audio timeline in photostory.  Like you I am a silver surfer but fortunately for me I have been in the video business for many years.  If this does not make sense to you, let me know and I will do a quick youtube video that shows you all of the steps to do this.  If you want me to do it, please let me know fairly soon as I will be leaving on vacation early next week.

George

czechwarmblood wrote on 12/19/2013, 6:27 PM

Hi George,

A youtube video would be fantastic. I've just returned from a long holiday and purchased Photostory 2014 Deluxe on my return to try and put together my experiences with all 3500 photos that I returned with. So not only am I contending with a large amount of materiel to cut down but a brand new, unknown software programme also.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

gandjcarr wrote on 12/19/2013, 6:41 PM

Hi Steve,

3500 photos, wow, a lot to sort through.  I do the same thing when on holiday and it is always a challenge getting rid of the ones that don't fit, even though they may be really good shots.  The bad shots are no problem it is which good ones to use that present the challenge.  I will start putting together the youtube video tomorrow and hopefully send you the link by the end of the day.  I actually use Movie Edit Pro for most of my editing but when I saw your question, I downloaded a trial copy of Photostory.  The interfaces are pretty much the same, you just have more options with Movie Edit Pro.  So, since you have photostory, I will use that application.

George

gandjcarr wrote on 12/20/2013, 10:09 AM

Hi Steve,

Here is the Youtube link

I hope you are not trying to use the soundtrack of a movie that has copy protection as that would not really work using this approach.

Happy Holidays,

George

czechwarmblood wrote on 12/23/2013, 3:51 AM

Hi George,

Brilliant, Many thanks, music successfully imported.

Hope you have a great holiday

Regards,

Steve