Active number of computers for a single ACID Pro 8 license

TheJizel wrote on 9/18/2018, 8:57 PM

To whom it may concern,

I've just obtained an ACID Pro 8 license and I was wondering how many active computers I could install and use the software on using a single license. I have a Mac with a Windows VM and another installation of Windows via Boot Camp. I would like to install the software on both and switch back between the two, but would obviously only be able to actually use one at a time (i.e., never operating in parallel). I'm hoping this is possible without having to go through any other hoops such as deactivating on the VM version before using the other and vice versa. If somebody could clarify, that would be appreciated.

Bonus points if you could also confirm that this applies to Sound Forge and Vegas products as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/20/2018, 11:57 AM

Hi @TheJizel

You can find this information on your my products section of your Magix.com profile. https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/

When clicking through to Acid Pro 8 you should see - "Number of devices that can be used simultaneously", for me it says two. It is possible, form within the same page, to deactivate a previous activation, which I assume would open it up for activation on another device. But you can only have two active at any one time.

TheJizel wrote on 9/20/2018, 12:02 PM

@sheppo I actually haven't registered the key to my account yet, but thanks for the tip. I'll take a look in the next couple of days and try to confirm.

sheppo wrote on 9/20/2018, 12:13 PM

@TheJizel - You're welcome

johne69 wrote on 11/29/2018, 11:19 AM

I have activated Acid on my PC and using - great (site says i can use 2 at same time?) but I want to load onto my large lap top and my small tablet for hols/away etc.

Only using one at a time, is this possible ? many thanks

sheppo wrote on 11/29/2018, 7:22 PM

as i understand it you would need to deactivate the PC license to be able to activate it on the other two devices. Essentially if you're trying to install it on to three devices you may end up juggling those two activations.

missiongroove wrote on 11/30/2018, 6:35 PM

Mine only says that 1 device can be used simultaneously. Does that mean one besides the main laptop that I have? The only reason I'm asking is because I'm migrating everything to a new laptop and I'm working on a few projects, not wanting to fall behind yet need to get installed on both until I can get everything moved over.