activation problems

emptech wrote on 11/11/2009, 1:55 PM
I rebuilt my computer, same box, same motherboard, same hard drive, but I reformatted everything.  Can I install and run Magix Edit Pro 14 Plus without activating, since it was activated before?  Activation has always been a problem.  Activating over the computer didn't work, I received an e-mail with a number which I copied and pasted into the program, it said invalid number.  I tried several times, didn't work.  I was finally able to do it over the phone, it gave I think, six blocks of numbers, A-F, which I had to type over my telephone keypad, it then read back a huge number, which I entered, finally worked, but what a pain in the butt.  Do we have to go through this?  It isn't even a $100 program, I could understand if it was a $2000 program, but it isn't.

I have a friend who also bought the product, an older version who has never been able to activate it, but he is using the number stamped on the DVD, which says product number, not serial number.  He claims that's the only number he has.

Comments

BroBryce2009 wrote on 11/16/2009, 11:01 AM
Yes, you will have to activate it again.  But be sure the first time you activate it again (using the number that you last typed into it), you press the "REACTIVATE" button.  This is so that the program can account for the changes you've made in your system, and then it will open up as the full version.