Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/3/2018, 4:12 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, I have to say I don't own Acid so am not able to directly answer your question, but not all mp3s are created "equal". There are so many possible "variations" in the creation of them: bit rates, sampling frequencies, CBR, VBR, stereo, mono, etc., etc.

So, is it every mp3 of whatever type that fails to be recognised?

One other thought: I assume you are running a full, purchased, version of Acid Pro 8, not just the trial? If it is the full version have you downloaded all the additional content for the program? Perhaps that includes an add-on needed for mp3s?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

raquii wrote on 12/4/2018, 1:17 AM

I've been working with mp3 files for over ten years now, so I understand what you're talking about. I did a few tests on other kbps sizes and I'm certain that is not the issue.

If Magix is putting out trials that disallow mp3 usage, than that makes their trails out for bad marketing or promotions. I googled the problem around, and it seems this has been going on for a while.

I'll need a tech directly from Magix to confirm that an add-on is needed for mp3's. Are there none here to represent the company at all?

emmrecs wrote on 12/4/2018, 3:37 AM

So, are you confirming you are using the Trial version? If so, I don't think it is unreasonable for Magix to not include in that trial everything that is in the full, purchased version. It is certainly the case for all the Magix programs that I use: trial versions are intended to give a "flavour" of the full apps, not to be the full apps.

Support staff from Magix do not routinely view or post to the forum. If you wish to contact the company, at the foot of every forum page is a "Contact" link.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

CidBil wrote on 12/4/2018, 5:22 AM

No problem opening Mp3 files here.....I just loaded 3 into a project, one over 8 minutes long with no issues whatsoever.....HP laptop..Windows 10...AP8 build 233....

raquii wrote on 12/4/2018, 5:46 PM

Thank you CidBil!

Yes emmrecs, I'm positive you believe its fair.

Wal_Martian wrote on 12/6/2018, 10:43 AM

I have also had problems with opening .mp3 files. Make sure you have all the right codecs on your computer. If you install VideoLan (VLC) it usually comes with all the codecs you need.

raquii wrote on 12/6/2018, 3:12 PM

Oh my gosh Wal_Martian! I didn't do that!

talalqureshi wrote on 12/14/2018, 8:06 AM

I'm facing the same problem after a fresh installation of windows 10, it was working perfectly before and I've been using acid since the past 10 years! It's very annoying and no one has any answers?

Rasmir_Mantree wrote on 12/31/2018, 4:15 PM

I just upgraded to Acid Pro 8 Suite, now I'm facing that Problem. I also can't render to mp3