AcidPro 10 vs AcidPro Next Suite

Peter-Hesse wrote on 3/11/2020, 9:10 AM

Are these two different products?

I started out on AcidPro 7, went to 8 and 9 and then bought the AcidPro Next Suite thinking that this was the final version. Now I see there is an AcidPro 10, does it bring anything to the table that I do not have in my AcidPro Next Suite? If it does, would AcidPro 10 be considered and upgrade to AcidPro Next Suite?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Comments

toddbooster wrote on 3/11/2020, 4:34 PM

Let me see if I can straighten this out, because it has been very confusing.

• ACID Pro 9 was an upgrade to AP 8
  • ACID Pro Next was the same version of the program as AP9, but included the Zynaptiq Stem Maker.
  • ACID Pro 10 is an upgrade to both AP 9 and AP Next. There is now only one version of ACID Pro.

Anyway, as far as upgrades, AP 10 has Stem Maker 2, some morph pads, improvements to the MPC, and will soon (hopefully) be getting side chaining in a update.

Peter-Hesse wrote on 3/11/2020, 5:41 PM

Thanks toddbooster! So if I want to stay current (for the moment lol) my upgrade would be to AcidPro 10. I guess that explains why I havent seen any News or mods to the Next Suite. Again, thanks for the quick response!

ranself wrote on 3/13/2020, 5:55 PM

I just purchased Acid Pro 10. Do you know if the Media Manager that worked up to Acid Pro 9 32 bit is still supported?

toddbooster wrote on 3/13/2020, 9:55 PM

AP 10 is only 64 bit, so no, the media manager won't work. It's still in the menu, but it always tells you "Media Manager is not installed".