ACID products in Windows 11, Music Studio 11 vs Pro 10 vs Pro 11

GRB wrote on 6/22/2024, 10:00 AM

Anyone with "direct" experience with stability in use of ACID products on Windows 11 systems?

- Yes, I am aware that they "all" are somewhat older versions, not currently supported or updated, so please don't write in about that alone.

My question comes from reading and trying them all out over time, mainly in my older Win 10 machine of past, and my understanding is that there are some differences between them apparently....even though they all use the same core program...

Has anyone found:

- ACID Music Studio 11 to be more reliable as its slimmed down and has less deep functions than its Pro brothers? aka, less things to go wrong?

- Its known that there isn't much difference between Pro 10/11 at the core, but there was an update in 11... and although that sounds great, I read that Pro 11 had issues, possibly more than Pro 10. Anyone directly know first hand between the two?

- Again, Looking mainly for Windows 11 users that own at least one, or have tried all with good/bad results... found differences... etc.

I feel like many would find this info useful today, and in future... until a possible ACID 12 shows up, if that is a thing or not.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/22/2024, 10:26 AM

@GRB

Hi

I still use Acid Pro 7 and in Windows 11 Pro with no issues or crashes whatsoever, I don't use VST's though.

Just simple music creation, so yes it's very stable.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 6/22/2024, 10:27 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

GRB wrote on 6/22/2024, 1:23 PM

@GRB

Hi

I still use Acid Pro 7 and in Windows 11 Pro with no issues or crashes whatsoever, I don't use VST's though.

Just simple music creation, so yes it's very stable.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Hi Stephen,

Thats great info to hear that AP7 works well in Win 11 for you... with no VST's ! ! ! I think that is what most talk about is how VSTs seem to mess with AP11, the newest version. I could be wrong, but more so than AP10. Besides some installation and update issues with AMS11, I personally haven't read too many issues with it in use functions. Thats what I'm trying to figure out better with this post and Users help.

thanks for chiming in!

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 6/22/2024, 7:41 PM

Well, my own Windows 11 trials today are:

AMS11 installs fine and seems to work, but refuses to update to the newest version with repetitive 2013 C++ installation errors. I tried the solution elsewhere in forums to clear them out and let it install upon the update installation, but that didn't work for me about a dozen times with variances to see if I could stumble upon a fix.

Just tried ACID Pro 10 that I also own again, did the same install routine, cleared out the 2013 C++ files first, restart, then install AP10. Had no issues. I must say that I also had access to a download file for AP10 from Magix Support last year to fix many C++ errors in various products in my older Win 10 machine at the time... For those of you who might see my comments in other recent posts about AP10 having some audio driver errors after rebooting in Windows 11, Today I changed my Audio Interface to hopefully fix that issue, and so far it has. I have two interfaces, one has a driver package with 3-4 different "modes" of use drivers.. and they like to switch around on own sometimes... So I'm back to my trusty Presonus iTwo with Rock Solid driver and performance.. No issues in AP10 today so far. Some file issues I noticed yesterday didn't seem to come up today as I spent last night removing old files and folders from older versions of Magix products, and a few other DAWs too... maybe that had something to do with it...?

So for the record, todays AP10 didn't have to do an update as it normally would... not exactly a fair Apples to Apples with AMS11 issue.

I don't own AP11, so I can't try that on Windows 11.... I no longer have access to the trial as I used it at some point last year.

I hope some of this info helps a few people out, if nothing else, with good baseline info for fixes, support, or purchase decisions.

Last changed by GRB on 6/22/2024, 7:48 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

GRB wrote on 6/23/2024, 4:53 PM

Side note, noticed today some Instrument issues between same ones, ok in one Magix program and not in another (older)... Store will say not loaded even though it is... and may show in plugin chooser window, but will not work without reloading and modifying/repairing taking place....

to the best of my limited knowledge, I would venture to say that the older products use a different folder setup and/or file structure for same instruments... or store related instruments....

I can't explain it, but I ran into it today... things I know are loaded and working in said newer updated programs (SMSX8, MMP2025) showing but not exactly working in ACID Pro 10 or AMS11, etc.....

Not sure if I "Repaired" them in older programs if would affect in the newer programs.... I kind of don't want to mess with it anymore....

To me, priority is for things to be formatted and proper for Newer Updated Programs..... May once again "just say No" to trying to have a few "older" programs working along with "newer" ones....

*** I will write back after I hear from Magix Support on the AMS11 update error, and if it gets fixed, I will see if that program in particular is "happy" sharing same files as my newer SMSX8, MMP2025.... Side note, SPX5 seems to be fine residing alongside newer, Same with SFP15... but I haven't completely looked into them as I have the others far as compatibility and folder/file "hapiness" goes.... yet.

Last changed by GRB on 6/23/2024, 4:54 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

GRB wrote on 6/25/2024, 10:08 AM

New take:

Heard from Magix Support (little over 24-36 hours in business days, not including the weekend wait, for those that say Magix Support is lagging).

Got the AMS11 direct link for current version (no update needed).

I'm a little hesitant to try it, as I have since unloaded all Magix products, manually cleared out all files I could find on my new Win 11 laptop, and did fresh clean install of just the newest/current Magix programs I own, SMSX8, MM2025Prem, SFAS17, SFAL4...... all content, soundpools, instruments, and store scans seem to be working fine between them.....

Technically, AMS11 is "current" offering, but we all know its not been looked at in long time at Magix, and uses modified ACID program structure, so hesitant to try the direct update included install to see if it will "play nice" with the newer programs that are currently "happy".