Comments

SP. wrote on 4/10/2022, 12:10 AM

@Jon-Kleinman Go into the ACID program folder an move the audio_plugin_scan_server_,,,-exe files to another folder, so that ACID cannot find them. Then it cannot do a VST scan. Go into the program settings and change the VST path so you don't scan files that crash ACID.

Jon-Kleinman wrote on 4/10/2022, 7:06 AM

Thanks. I removed the files, but it's still happening. How do I change the VST path in program settings?

SP. wrote on 4/10/2022, 9:00 AM

@Jon-Kleinman Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon and then select to delete the settings and the cache.

Jon-Kleinman wrote on 4/10/2022, 10:16 AM

I followed all of those steps, and the program still can't start. It crashes right went the startup screen says "Initializing async VST files." I have a PC with a few drives. Right now I have ACID on a different drive than windows. Would this have anything to do with the problem?

SP. wrote on 4/10/2022, 10:19 AM

@Jon-Kleinman I'm not sure. I would suggest you try to disable your firewall/antivirus/Windows Defender temporarily and test again if you can start the program. If this doesn't help you could try to uninstall and reinstall ACID.

Jon-Kleinman wrote on 4/10/2022, 10:25 AM

Do you work with MAGIX or are you just a forum member? I've never had this kind of trouble with a $100 piece of software before. And I have a high end PC.

Jon-Kleinman wrote on 4/10/2022, 10:32 AM

I tried disabling windows defender and the firewall, and still the same thing. Who do I talk to about getting a refund?

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/10/2022, 10:54 AM

@Jon-Kleinman

Hello, Welcome

This is an open public user to user forum and not Magix support.

You could try and uninstall Acid using free Revo uninstaller, temporarily disable firewall, anti virus program again, install Acid in the recommended installation drive settings.

If this is unsuccessful, then contact infoservice@magix.net for further assistance.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 4/10/2022, 10:54 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Jon-Kleinman wrote on 4/10/2022, 11:53 AM

I'll try this later. Will I be putting my PC at any risk if I temporarily disable the firewall and anti-virus to download a program? I'm still not clear on why MusicStudio worked fine on an auxiliary drive but ACID Pro isn't working.

SP. wrote on 4/10/2022, 12:30 PM

@Jon-Kleinman Usually that's no problem if you don't surf the web and just try to start ACID and check out if it will work. If it will work then your problems are caused by your firewall/ antivirus settings. Be sure that they are completely disabled, not just one or two features. Then try ACID. If ACID doesn't work uninstall and reinstall it with disabled antivirus/firewall and try to run it again. Re-enable your firewall/antivirus afterwards.

PATIENT-X wrote on 4/10/2022, 12:42 PM

@Jon-Kleinman

Hi

Your Pc will not be at risk as many of us have done this at some point installing software, it's just a temporary measure to try and rectify your issue.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

SP. wrote on 8/27/2022, 1:30 PM

@Draumatized-Musiz You waited a month and never had the idea to ask for a follow-up response?

During the last weeks were school summer holidays in Germany and many parents take their vacation in this timeframe. It's possible that nobody worked on your problem and the ticket automatically closed. So you should try to ask for a response once a week.

I never had problems with Magix support. They usually responded in one or two days and answered my questions.

Development of ACID just re-started. I won't expect any big bugfixes before the end of the year.

SP. wrote on 8/28/2022, 5:08 AM

@Draumatized-Musiz Have you tried to reset the program settings like described above? You don't need to upgrade because the programs are basically identical. If 11 runs fine, 10 should run fine, too.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 8/29/2022, 11:20 AM

Can anyone point me out to support link im having trouble loading my Acid 10 it’s been 3months since my software worked I delete and re install it daily & the same sensation please anyone this is troubling

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 8/29/2022, 12:47 PM

sp you mean by reducing to 8 bit mode when you left click on icon thats the only thing i can do and it still stops at vst plugins and i have to hold cntrl alt & delete otherwise i dont know how to reset the seetings

SP. wrote on 8/29/2022, 12:52 PM

@Draumatized-Musiz You hold CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard and start the program by double clicking on the program icon while still holding CTRL+SHIFT. Then the reset-window will show up.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 8/29/2022, 5:30 PM

Thanks Sp it worked finally God Bless you bro your a life saver all I had to do was listen instead of being impulsive, They seriously need to hire you 🤘🏽